Thursday, November 29, 2007

Proud to be a banker....let's see!!

High IQ & Banker – Paradox?

Einstein dies and goes to heaven only to be informed that his room is not yet ready. "I hope you will not mind waiting in a dormitory. We are very sorry, but it's the best we can do and you will have to share the room with others" he is told by the doorman.

Einstein says that this is no problem at all and that there is no need to make such a great fuss. So the doorman leads him to the dorm. They enter and Albert is introduced to all of the present inhabitants. "See, Here is your first room mate. He has an IQ of 180!""That's wonderful!" says Albert. "We can discuss mathematics!"

"And here is your second room mate. His IQ is 150!""That's wonderful!" says Albert. "We can discuss physics!"

"And here is your third room mate. His IQ is 100!""That's wonderful! We can discuss the latest plays at the theater!"

Just then another man moves out to capture Albert's hand and shake it. "I'm your last room mate and I'm sorry, but my IQ is only 80."Albert smiles back at him and says, "So, where do you think interest rates are headed?"

Only secured Exposure

A man walks into a New York City bank and says he wants to borrow $2,000 for three weeks. The loan officer asks him what kind of collateral he has. The man says "I've got a Rolls Royce -- keep it until the loan is paid off -- here are the keys." The loan officer promptly has the car driven into the bank's underground parking for safe keeping, and gives the man $2,000.

Three weeks later the man comes into the bank, pays back the $2,000 loan, plus $10 interest, and regains possession of the Rolls Royce. The loan officer asks him, "Sir, if I may ask, why would a man who drives a Rolls Royce need to borrow two thousand dollars?"

The man answers, "I had to go to Europe for three weeks, and where else could I store a Rolls Royce for that long for ten dollars?"

Recovery – Tough??

Jones applied to a finance agency for a job, but he had no experience. He was so intense that the manager gave him a tough account with the promise that if he collected it, he'd get the job.

Two hours later, Jones came back with the entire amount. "Amazing!" the manager said. "How did you do it?"

"Easy," Jones replied. "I told him if he didn't pay up, I'd tell all his other creditors he paid us."

Credit Risk??

Beggar”:Please sir, may I have a coin? ,
Banker”:I don't have any change right now. I'll give it to you next time.
Beggar:”Sir, thats the kind of credit that had made me bankrupt

KYC must??

A young woman went into a bank to withdraw some money. "Can you identify yourself ?" asked the cashier. The woman looked into a small mirror and said "Yes, its me alright!"

& Finally, how bankers do it...

Bankers do it risk-free.Bankers do it just for money.Bankers charge a fee each time they do it.Bankers do it with varying rates of interest.Bankers do it with a penalty for early withdrawal.

No comments: